March 15, 2014

NOTD: Mattified Essie 'Rock the Boat' and Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat 'Wool Lite'

So today I'm back with a very pastel-y and spring-y polish combo. I know it's autumn here, but pastel and brights for spring are currently the trend all over the world. I'm also not that kind of person who always follow the trend; I wear whatever I want (I'm rebellious like that).



For the base, I use Essie 'Rock the Boat', which is a pastel lavender-ish blue with periwinkle glitter shimmer to it. However, I find the shimmery effect is not very apparent, however it is a very pretty pastel nail polish. Goes on pretty sheer and patchy in the first coat, but evened out after three coats. Not the kind of formula I favour the most but it's manageable. Even though it is very pretty I don't think it suits my skin tone, so I have to do something with it.


For the top, I use Sally Hansen 'Wool Lite' which is a matte pink and white bar glitter in a clear base. There was a time where I'm crazy about Sally Hansen's Fuzzy Coat range. I still find them pretty though, it's just that they thicken up really quickly, I have one that I have to throw away because it gets really thick and unusable (sad). This one does get thicker so it's kinda hard to use, but still manageable.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy my NOTD post. What do you think of this combo?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...