May 29, 2014

Swatch and Review: Revlon Parfumerie in Balsam Fir


Now I had this polish for about 2-3 months now but haven't actually make a review. Reason being because I don't know what to feel about this.  Balsam Fir is a bright camo green creme polish with a sweet pine scent. First, let's talk formula. Just like other parfumerie polishes, this polish has a runny consistency. I kinda like it because it makes application non-streaky. The scent... To me it smells like a fresh and sweet pine tree scent, really reminiscence of christmas. I know people will like it but personally, I'm just okay with it. To me the scent reminds me of pine floor cleaner and it is quite strong.

Now let's talk cons. If you've been reading my blog, you know I love my two previous parfumerie polishes. As for this one I have slight issue with bubbling. But it's nothing that cannot be fixed with a good layer of topcoat. Now, my main complain is the staying power. Without top coat you will definitely chip within a day. Even with top coat it doesn't seem to make much difference. Plus, make sure to use your base coat when wearing this as it will stain your nails quite a bit. For the purpose of this post, I'm too lazy to put on my base coat and it's only on my nails for about an hour. And when I removed it my nails are slightly green (yuck). So to sum up, I'm just okay with this polish. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. I'll keep it and definitely make some use of it to do some nail art.

So overall what do you think of this range? Are you going to pick up one? If you already have one, what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...