April 5, 2014

Nude and a Hint of Glitter


I've been hunting for the perfect foundation-like nude nail polish since last year and have yet to find the perfect one. Yes I love some bright polishes, but sometimes change is good. So yesterday when I spotted the new Maybelline 'Stripped Nudes' display on Priceline I get all excited and hoped to find the perfect nude polish for me. Unfortunately none of the shades are perfect match for.

However, I got one in 'Bare it all' which is a light muted taupe creme polish. Yes this is not even close to my skin tone but I love it! It gives such a clean and polished look without looking too much. I think this will be a great base for nail art or on days when my nails are short. Also, I'm not one to fuss about my nails and my outfit of the day, but I think this colour will go with anything!



When I first opened the bottle I noticed that it comes with a new type of brush, it flat and slightly wider than previous Maybelline polishes. I always prefer wide brushes, it makes painting your nails so much easier. Formula of this polish is quite nice actually. The consistency is more on the runny side but still manageable. One coat of this polish is pretty sheer but is easily buildable. Pictured above is two coats of Bare it All with one coat of Sally Hansen 'Disco Ball' just to add a little something. Drying time of this polish is also quite fast.

So what do you think about this polish?

UPDATE: I do have one complain about this polish. First time wearing it, I notice this polish sort of cracked. No, it doesn't chip but CRACK. I thought it has something to do with my topcoat. But second time around wearing it I notice the same crack within 24 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...